You are NOT alone. Life is a process with unique challenges and circumstances, and we at Independence Associates understand those challenges. Disability does not discriminate. Support can come in a variety of ways, sharing personal experiences and understanding one another on an interpersonal level is an integral part of a good working relationship. We are committed to facilitating personal growth. Our staff hear you, and we’re here to help you.
Options Counseling is a FREE service funded by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs with the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission. Options Counselors can present you with the information you need to make informed decisions about your care and where you receive it. They can also help you develop a personal care plan as well as connect you to resources, services, and supports that may help you remain in the community.
Options Counseling is available to persons with disabilities, elders (age 60 or over), as well as their caregivers and loved ones. Options Counselors can meet with you at Independence Associates’ offices in Brockton, at the hospital or nursing facility, at your home or another community setting.
Options Counselors can provide you with:
- Unbiased information about long-term services and supports
- A consumer-driven approach that ensures your choices are respected
- Information on assistive devices or home modifications
- Information about services to help you stay in your own home
- Referrals to experts in the field of a particular disability
- Information about funding available to pay for services
- Follow-up and help with planning next steps